The following statements and scriptures show why Christians are mandated to engage in spiritual warfare. Christ spent over 33% of his ministry teaching us how to cast out demons and heal the sick.
1. The disciples were told to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons, and raise the dead. (Matt. 10:1-8).
2. The seventy disciples (representative of all Christians) were sent out with authority and marveled that even the spirits were subject, to them (Luke 10:1–9, Luke 10: 17—19).
3. Believers were given anointing for discerning the spirits (1 John 2:20, 27).
4. The Bible teaches how to identify spirits that are not of God (1 John 4:1-3).
5. The Bible talks about tearing down strongholds built in the mind by the enemy and that the believer’s weapons are spiritual and mighty through God (2 Cor. 10:3-5).
6. The Bible teaches that it is faith’s shield that resists the demons’ fiery darts (Eph. 6:16).
7. The Bible warns against rejoicing in the power that has been given; rather, we are to rejoice in our identity in• Christ (Luke 10:20-24).
8. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit has been sent to lead us and guide us into all truth (John 16:13).
9. The Bible says that holy presence and power are revealed when the enemy is shattered (Ps. 18:37-42).
10. Jesus commissioned believers to cast out devils in His name (Mark 16:17).
11. Evil spirits are most often responsible for sickness and disease (Luke 8:2; Luke 13:11).
14. The Bible teaches believers to resist, the devil and stand firm in their faith (1 Pet. 5:9):