1. Lust: Your mind, thoughts and or imagination indulges in uncleanness.
2. Idolatry: If you permit anything to come between you and God, it becomes an idol. For example, your job, money, worrying….no matter what it is, if it comes before God then it is Idolatry.
3. Laziness aka “Sloth”: This is a life of ease at home mixed with NO zeal for the things of God, but plenty of time and energy for the things of this Earth.
Example: You can find your way to play video games online…in the middle of the day mind you….but you can’t seem to find the same amount of time to worship God. In other words you have time to do what you want to do, but not the things that make God happy. Typically this type of person will be all confused why God does not respond to them in prayer.
4. Over-sensitivity: Bitterness rises quickly in the hearts of some people the second somebody disagrees with them. This is a spirit, kick it out and tell it to leave in the name of Jesus. Do it the second it happens. DO NOT HARBOR AND/OR HOLD THE BITTERNESS. The Bible says that going to sleep on anger brings curses upon a person.
5. Judgmental spirit: (See Above – Virtually the Same Type Situation)
6. Gossip: All gossips are devil’s advertisers.
7. Worry: This is when you are anxious about the future. This is direct dis-trust of God and his word. In essence Worry is lack of faith and I find that nothing separates me from hearing and feeling God more than lack of faith.
8. Selfishness: This is when you ignore the interest of others and you are only interested in yourself.
Example: I cease to be amazed at how many people will receive amazing healing and/or deliverance, but will not contribute even one dime back to the ministry that helped them get healed or delivered. They will spend $1,000’s of dollars on Doctors, Drugs that don’t work, new age remedies and their own fleshly desires, but they won’t give financially for the life of them. More times than I can count, these same people will contact me a second time… after they lose their healing or deliverance…and express confusion over why they are in the same situation again and again. It has been my experience that Americans are the worst givers of all the countries in the world. I believe a growing percentage of people in the U.S. are under a financial curse.
9. Distraction: (aka spirit of anti-Christ) This is when you are unable to focus on Christ and you find it difficult to read the Bible and gain something from it.(see # 4 and 5 above for remedy)
10. Lying: The word of God says, “Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord”.
11. Discouragement: Some people are easily discouraged. At the first sign of failure, they run away. They quit when things are hard. (Note: you cannot do anything with your own strength. God doesn’t need your efforts, but needs you to surrender to him and call on the name of Jesus. Phillipians 4: 13 Says, “I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me”.
12. Abusive tongue: Some people cannot control their temper. (See #4,5 and 9 for remedy) Anger is an evil spirit…rebuke it and kick it out of you in the name of Jesus.
13. Depression: This is when you allow despair to overtake you. You think of your problems always and withdraw from everybody when the Bible says, “I will not despair for I have believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”
14. Fear: Allowing Fear & Anxiety into your life is like telling God you don’t trust him. Hence, a big No-No!!
15. Procrastination: This is when you are always planning to go higher and dig deeper but always postponing the day you will start.
16. Lack of sexual control: Individuals in this category typically have a difficult time with growing near to God. See Pastor Nate for details on how to get free from sexual bondage.
The good news is that most of the above spirits can be kicked out by using the mighty name of Jesus Christ. (Supporting scriptures – Ephesians 1:21, Luke 10: 19 and Matthew 10:7-8)
Example: “Spirit of fear and anxiety get out of me in the name of Jesus Christ and go to the pit right now in the mighty name of Jesus”.
Once you cast the spirits then I suggest calling down the fruit’s of the spirit as listed in Galations 5: 22. This will allow you to start feeling some love, joy, peace, etc…etc…